Nature is a great teacher! Prospect’s Outdoor Pursuits workshops employ experiential learning activities in an outdoor classroom as a vehicle for growth. Activities empower participants to deepen their connection with themselves and others, as well as their environment.
All workshops can be adapted to suit a variety of themes and to meet the needs and objectives of participants. Workshops can be adapted to varying ages and abilities including corporate groups, clubs, youth/school groups, families and/or friends.
- Geocaching Workshop - work with your peers/colleagues to improve communication, strengthen relationships, and improve collaborative problem-solving through this fun-filled treasure hunting challenge.
- Outdoor Literacy Workshop – Improve your competency and confidence in the outdoors as you work to develop your outdoor literacy. Participants identify the outdoor skills they would like to develop (e.g. shelter building, fire building, foraging) and learn from experienced instructors. You’ll also hone essential skills such as effective communication, working with others, critical thinking and problem solving.
- Outdoor Council of Canada, Field Leader Level 1 Course – An intensive two-day experiential and inquiry based course that introduces the roles and responsibilities of an outdoor leader. Participants who successfully complete this two-day course will receive a Field Leader Level 1 certification from the Outdoor Council of Canada; seen as an asset by many employers in the outdoor leadership field. This course will be lead by Outdoor Council of Canada licensed instructors.
Participants have reported that our outdoor activities:
- Increase self confidence and self awareness
- Promote positive social and professional environments
- Strengthen relationships
- Increase ability to identify and mitigate risk
- Provide strategies for improved health and enhanced quality of life
- Relieve symptoms of stress, anxiety, mental fatigue and mental illness
Please contact us for more information about themes, group sizes, pricing and timing at firstname.lastname@example.org or 403.273-2822.