Our Canada 150
Join in the celebration by sharing what you love most about Canada and being Canadian!
The Creative Skills Connection program has focused on building employability skills using art as a medium. Throughout this session, clients have worked hard to plan a celebration for Canada’s 150th birthday. Clients will be hosting a collaborative public art activity that invites members of the public to share their “Why I love Canada, What I love about Canada, What does it mean to be Canadian or What Canada means to me” stories through video and/or drawing.
Monday April 24, 2017 from 1pm-7pm at Loft 112 (535 8 Ave SE, Calgary, AB.)
We are celebrating ability and what makes our country so amazing; community, diversity and inclusivity.
Meet new people, gain new perspectives and let your creativity flow! Plus, take home a free artist designed button and Canada Day birthday card!
Down To Earth Week 2017
Prospect is proud to be participating in Down To Earth Week, sharing our integrated service model - MESH.
Innovating for Shared Prosperity on April 27 (5-9pm at Hotel Blackfoot) will inspire and connect those who are passionate about building thriving communities, creating good jobs and doing business differently. City of Calgary city manager, Jeff Fielding, will share the ways in which Calgary is supporting innovations for shared prosperity and the creation of a resilient local economy. Jeff's keynote will be followed by six short presentations by local changemakers, facilitated networking and World Café discussion groups. Your ticket includes a buffet dinner.
For more information, please visit http://www.belocal.org/earthweek2017
2017 Prospect Stampede BBQ - Save the Date!
Mark July 5th in your calendar for the 2017 Prospect Stampede BBQ - Featuring the Great Canadian Armed Forces Burger Challenge.
Noon – 2:00 p.m. July 5th, 915 33 St. NE
Rocky View Employment Services - 2017 Spring Job Fair Summary
Rocky View Employment Services held their 2017 Spring Job Fair on March 23 at the Rocky View Education Centre. It was a well-attended event that saw over 400 job seekers taking part and networking with employers. There were 23 employers who were actively hiring in the Rocky View region.
23 Employers who were actively hiring, including:
- Propak (Various Positions)
- GARDA WORLD (Pre-boarding Screening Officers, Loss Prevention Workers)
- Lucky Brand Jeans (sales associate and store management positions)
- Rocky View Schools (Administrative positions, Learning Assistants and Caretaking positions)
- Town Shoes Limited (Assistant Managers, Store Managers and Part-time Sales Associates).
- Tutor Doctor (Tutors in all subjects from Kindergarten to Grade 12)
- Davis Chevrolet (Parts Consultants and Product Specialists)
- Goodlife Fitness (Fitness Advisors, Personal Trainers, Management)
- YMCA (Day Camp Staff, Lifeguard, Swim Instructors, Member Services Staff, Camp Counselors)
- Volunteer Airdrie Society
- Directions for Immigrants
- Youth Employment Centre
- Calgary Catholic Immigration Society
- Alberta Works
- 425 Job seekers.
- “Will definitely come back!” (Kim Whitmee – Aerotek)
- “Thank you for a great event. Great networking/meeting with other employers. Clients we met were extremely engaging, allowed us to promote our services. Looking forward to the next event.” (Violet Rudy – Youth Employment Centre)
- “Job Fair was executed seamlessly. We will be encouraging other businesses to use this as a recruiting outlet. Great job. Thank you for making us aware to participate.”
(Melissa Larson – Parkland Fibreglass)
- “Terrific Organization and management. Kudos to the RV Staff – well done!”
(Blake Clark – Cam Clark Ford)
- “Catering was great and all staff were friendly and supportive. Thanks so much!”
(Vanessa Townsend – YMCA Calgary)
- “We are considering hiring 30 candidates from this job fair.” (Erika McGratten – RCMP)
- “Overall a great experience. Good attendance, and calibre of candidates”.
(Nicky Muir – Kelly Services)
- “Everything was excellent. Thank you to all your staff for the help and organizing such a wonderful event! Looking forward to the next one”.
(Ryan Wade – MDL Landscaping)